The definition of Uplink is a communication channel through which a user transmits data to the Internet. We have developed two different options for youth minister and their teams to receive good training and resources. Our goal in both of these options is to bring quality speakers, create quality relationship, and develop quality Youth Ministers.
- Online – Uplink online will consist of short videos where we speak with a variety of guests from around Alabama that have a heart for youth ministers. These videos will be great resources for youth ministers and youth workers! It will also include blog posts to encourage not only minsters but all those involved in ministry on any level.
- On the Road – YM Link is providing two opportunities to get practical, intensive training that can be applied to your ministry. Each year we will bring in different speakers to train and equip youth ministers and their team of leaders in their specialization. We will be in two locations throughout the year, Montgomery (Spring) and Birmingham (Fall). It will also provide a time of networking that is beneficial to all.
- Next Level Podcast – This is a podcast designed to help you take your Student Ministry to the next level! It offers extremely practical solutions to issues that help make or break a ministry and offers encouragement as well as a sense of community to those serving in the trenches of youth ministry!
Conclave (January 24-26, 2019) – ymconclave.org
Relevant Training – Practical and timely training for effective ministry to the next generation.
Powerful Worship – Safe environment for ministers to let go, genuinely encounter God, and be refreshed.
Valuable Resources – Connect with the finest curriculum, activity, and resource partners for your ministry to teenagers.
Honest Conversation – A weekend to network with ministry peers and dialogue about tough issues.
Acteens – alabamawmu.org/acteens
Do you long to be part of something bigger than yourself? You can through Acteens® in your local church!
Student Missions Weekend – alabamawmu.org/smw
A weekend devoted to Missions & Ministry for guys and girls in grades 7-12 held at WorldSong Missions Place, Cooks Springs, Alabama every January.
One Voice Honor Choir – alsbom.org/onevoice
OneVoice is a group of auditioned singers and instrumentalists who are in grades 7-12 who actively participate in their local church youth music ministry. Tour happens each year in April.
Alabama Challenge Team – alabamawmu.org/challengeteam
- Helping plan COMPLETE (our statewide girl’s conference in March) at our annual Challenge Team Retreat in the fall.
- Representing Alabama Acteens and Girls Ministry at various events to share your journey with Acteens and writing pieces for Alabama WMU’s newsletter, Panorama.
- Gaining eligibility to apply for a missions scholarship!